We have helped thousands successfully migrate to Australia. Need more reasons why Oz Migration? Find out how we can help.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Can I apply as an individual rather than with the support of an employer?

Yes, you may be able to apply via the Skills Select system. You have to meet a pass mark to be eligible to apply for this visa.

Points are awarded on the basis of your occupation, age, English ability, work experience and qualifications.

You must first lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) with the Department of Immigration and then wait for them to invite you to make a formal application via this stream.

2. Can I get a visa for Australia?

This will depend on a number of factors. We would recommend that you check on the MyMigrationApp to see if you qualify.

3. Do I need a degree?

Possibly. This will be dependent on your occupation and how much work experience in the field you have already.

There are also different requirements which need to be met depending on the visa program you are applying under.

Sometimes three to five years work experience can be substituted for a degree.

4. Do I need a job before I apply for an Australian visa?

If you wish to obtain an employment based visa (such as the Subclass 457 or ENS), you will require a job offer before you or the company that will be employing you can submit an application.

5. How long will it take?

This will depend on the type of visa you require.

Temporary Visas:

Working Holiday Visas (Subclass 417) may be obtained almost immediately over the internet.

Temporary Business Visas (Subclass 457/TSS) may take up to  3 months once lodged, however the immigration department's website states it may take 5-10 months.

Permanent Visas:

Employer Nominated Visas may take between 8 to 15 months once lodged.

Skilled Migrant Visas may take between 6 to 12 months to be processed, however you must first lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI), then receive an invitation to apply.

6. I am a small local business who is having difficulties in finding locally trained engineers to fill roles which are available in my company. This skill shortage is affecting the growth of my business and as a result, we are considering employing overseas

Yes, the ability to sponsor an overseas national may be available to your firm. There are a number of criteria which the company must meet to be able to sponsor overseas nationals however, the outcome is not dependent on the size of your company. Our office would be more than happy to assess if your company could meet the criteria to be granted the ability to sponsor overseas nationals.

7. I am currently employed by a company in Australia and hold a Temporary Business visa (Subclass 457) which is sponsored by them. Some of my friends have recently acquired permanent residence with their sponsor's support and I was wondering if this would b

Yes, an option may be available to you and any accompanying family members to obtain Australian Residence with the support of your current employer. I would recommend that you contact our office to discuss your options directly.

8. I am currently in Australia as the holder of a Working Holiday visa. Is it possible for a company to sponsor me for a further visa which would allow me to work for them directly for a period of time?

It is possible to apply for a Subclass 457 visa in Australia whilst holding a Working Holiday visa. There are skill requirements which you must meet to be eligible for this visa and the company must also meet certain business markers to be eligible to support or sponsor this application. Our office would be happy to provide a FREE assessment of the options available to both you and the company involved.

9. I do not have a degree, does that mean I cannot get into Australia?

Not necessarily. Your eligibility will depend on a number of different factors including the education level of your proposed occupation, your years of business experience and the type of visa you wish to obtain.

10. Is there an age limit?

Working Holiday Visas will only be issued to applicants under the age of 31 at the time of application.

Temporary Business Visas do not currently have an age limit.

Skilled Migrant and Employer Nominated Visas generally require the applicant to be under 45 years of age.

11. My parents are currently overseas and would like to relocate to Australia permanently. Are there any options available to them?

Yes, under the migration program at the moment there are options available to parents of Australia citizens or permanent residents. There is substantial criteria which needs to be met for your parents to be eligible which not only relates to you but also to any siblings you may have. Our office would be more than happy to provide a FREE assessment of whether this option is possible under your particular circumstances.

12. What is a 457/TSS Visa?

This is a visa that allows you to work and live in Australia for up to four years.

Under the Temporary Skilled Shortage (TSS) visa. There are two lists, one for two year sponsorship and one for up to four year sponsorship depending on your occupation - whichever list you fall under you will have to obey those rules when applying.

You require an offer of employment from a qualified sponsoring company to apply. The position on offer must be skilled and you must have the required attributes to undertake the role.

13. What is ENS?

ENS stands for Employer Nomination Scheme. This is where you can apply for a Permanent Residency visa under the sponsorship of a company, if they are willing to sponsor you.

You must have an offer of employment to undertake a role in Australia. The position must be on the skilled occupation list and meet other eligibility criteria.

14. What is the cost to apply?

This will depend on the type of visa you wish to obtain. The most cost effective visas available are Working Holiday and Tourist visas as these are only temporary short stay visas.

457/TSS long stay work visas are paid for by the company that employs and sponsors you. Applications for Permanent Residence status have substantially higher costs as they are for permanent stays in the country and require a substantial amount of assessment to be granted.

15. What skills are currently required in Australia?

A full list of the occupations which are currently eligible for both employment based and independent visa applications can be found here: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/combined-stsol-mltssl or alternatively check out your skill on the MyMigrationApp.

16. What's a Migration Agent?

Registered Migration Agents are professionals who specialise in migration law and assist potential visa applicants with their Australian visa applications.

Registered Migration Agents are about by a Code of Conduct and required to have an in-depth knowledge of Australian migration law and procedure in order to meet the high professional and ethical standards associated with providing migration advice.

We would highly recommend that you only use the services of a Registered Migration Agent when seeking professional assistance.

Once you have checked your ability to be sponsored through the MyMigrationApp, please contact us. We have fully qualified agents such as John MARA 0105060.

A full listing of registered agents can be found here: https://www.mara.gov.au/search-the-register-of-migration-agents/