Employer Nomination Scheme - Permanent Visa
The Employer Nomination Scheme allows Australian employers to sponsor employees who are foreign nationals for a permanent visa to work in Australia.
The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme allows Australian employers in regional Australia to employ skilled people in positions unable to be filled from the local labour market.
Who is this visa for?
This visa is for Australian employers who want to sponsor highly skilled workers for a permanent visa to work in Australia. The employees can be either:
- Highly skilled workers from overseas
- Highly skilled temporary residents currently in Australia.
About The Visa Process
The process for sponsoring for this visa is a two stage process. These being:
- The nomination application; and
- The personal visa application for the employee
To participate in this scheme, the employer must be able to provide evidence of the following:
- be actively and lawfully operating a business in Australia
- have a genuine need for a paid employee to fill a position in their business
- follow all relevant Australian laws and have a satisfactory record of meeting immigration laws (if applicable)
- have a current training strategy for existing Australian employees, or if a newly established business, have a training plan for future training of Australian employees
- provide the employee with an offer of permanent employment.
Applications submitted under RSMS, must also have the nomination approved by the relevant Regional Certifying Board (RCB) as part of this process.
In addition, the position on offer must be full time, ongoing and available for at least a three year period (two years under RSMS), provide working conditions that are no less favorable than what is provided under the relevant Australian legislation and awards, be a highly skilled occupation that is on the list of allowable occupations and meet the minimum salary levels for ENS.
This is the section where the employee's skills, qualifications, English language ability and health and character are assessed by the Department of Immigration
The employee must be nominated by the company to fill the nominated role and provide evidence that they have the employment background, skills and qualifications which match those required for the position.
Only once the above has been satisfied, the permanent residence visa can be granted to the employee and any accompanying family members.
Oz Migration Solutions offers a FREE assessment for application under this visa scheme. Both the sponsoring company and the employee can be assessed for suitability to apply via this scheme.